4.05.2011

Tutorial Tuesday: Cinched Sleeve T-Shirt Makeover

Easiest project. Are you ready?

Grab a sleeved t-shirt that needs some extra love, and flip inside out. I have about 10 of these "boyfriend tees," the ones that are V-neck and have a little pocket. Cute! But I rarely wear most of them anymore because they're all the same. Here's a quick & easy way I revamped one. You'll need scissors, matching thread, elastic & a t-shirt (probably all things you have on hand, so this project is very cheap or possibly free).

Starting at the hem where the shoulder meets the sleeve, stretch a piece of thin elastic down the length of the sleeve & cut. Here's the length mine ended up:

Pin to the hem where sleeve meets shoulder and sew to hold it in place.

With the presser foot down, hold the shirt and stretch the elastic. Continue to slowly sew as you guide the shirt along. Backstitch a few times & trim the threads.


Repeat on the other sleeve, and YOU'RE DONE! So easy & it adds some jazz to an otherwise un-loved tee. What a CINCH (pardon the pun, I just had to!).

Seriously, the cinched look is all the rage. You could do this to the bottom of a pair of capri-length leggings, up the sides of a t-shirt, etc. The possibilities are endless. Oh and that darling necklace I'm wearing, more on that tomorrow!

Happy Tuesday!


Tip Junkie handmade projects
craft

5 comments:

  1. Very creative and cool looking!

    Have a great day!!

    Fuchsia

    ReplyDelete
  2. fancy is right! Nice work. I'd say you deserve a mojito for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and easy makeover!
    Great work!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cute! I love being able to dress up simple things in simple ways that make it a little more fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is such a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial! I'm following.

    ReplyDelete

Got anything to say? I'd love to hear from you!