5.29.2012

Tuesday Tutorial: Color Block Spatulas


I measured 3 inches up from the end of the handle, marked it with pencil & taped each utensil. Because these are bamboo, they were grainy/porous, so I used primer. Depending on your material, you may not need primer at all.


After the primer is dry, spray a light layer of paint. Make sure to get the sides and the bottom.

Let dry & flip repeating on the other side. I used two coats on either side. Peel off tape as soon as paint is dry.

This is a trendy and original way to incorporate color into the kitchen (not to mention fast & affordable). Enjoy!

Pin It!

handmade projectsPink Cricut
handmade projectshomework




7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to add some color to your kitchen. They would make nice gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too, too cute!! Thanks for partying with us this week! www.pinkcricut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those same wooden spatulas I need to do this!! This is going to be featured tomorrow at my link party! Thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project and tutorial!! Congrats for being featured at Link it Up at pinkcricut!!!

    ReplyDelete

Got anything to say? I'd love to hear from you!