8.28.2013

Wedding DIY: Garter

There are a lot of ways to save money on weddings these days by doing some little things yourself. DIY is becoming more and more popular with sites like Pinterest devoted to inspiring that creative side in you. My sister & I have done a lot of DIY projects in terms of the wedding. I will feature some of the projects on here. Some have been ideas from Pinterest with our own twist, and others have been uniquely designed.



After seeing the price of some really beautiful garters, we thought, "why not make it ourselves?" As her maid of honor, it was my pleasure to make this fun present for her (and her hubby-to-be).


We hit up the shelves of Joann, bought some lace, ostrich feather, bling, pearls, and elastic. After sewing the elastic and lace together, I added the personal touches with her desires in mind. I made the ribbon rosette with ribbon I already had on hand. A little glue gun action, and ta da! So beautiful & personalized.


It only cost us around $18 for both (coupons, people!), and it's a great personal touch.



So there you go! Possibly some inspiration! Go ahead & do it yourself!

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to say? I'd love to hear from you!